State of Formation Blogging Fellowship
A Leadership Development Program for Emerging Religious & Ethical Leaders
Purpose: BU STH and HC are excited to announce the establishment of the State of Formation Writing Fellowship, with generous support from the Henry Luce Foundation. This leadership development program is designed specifically for emerging religious and ethical leaders, including current graduate students and those with up to seven years of professional experience. The purpose of this new initiative is to provide outstanding individuals the opportunity to develop their public voices as thought leaders, to form collegial relationships with peers from different spiritual and cultural contexts, and to hone their leadership skills in relationship with mentors actively engaged in interreligious activities.
Program Structure: The Writing Fellowship will include the following elements:
- Writing one blog post a month, 750-1,000 words, beginning in October and concluding in May (schedule TBD with coordinator)
- Participating in an opening video conference with the program coordinator and faculty advisors
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 7:00-8:15 PM (EST)
- Engaging in one professional development video seminar each semester with a guest presenter
- Thursday, November 30, 2017, 7:00-8:15 PM (EST)
- Thursday, March 22, 2018, 7:00-8:15 PM (EST)
- Attending a spring seminar at a retreat center in the Greater Boston area—two days, one night—with the program coordinator, faculty advisors, and guest teachers
- May 2018 (exact dates TBD)
Eligibility: This fellowship program is open to emerging religious and ethical leaders, including current graduate students and those with up to seven years of professional experience.
Fellowship Stipends: Each fellow will receive a stipend of $1,000 paid in two installments—December and May—upon completion of their fall and spring writing assignments.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing sample
- Name and contact information of one professional/academic reference
Application deadline: Applications are due by 4:00 pm on Thursday, September 28, 2017.
Decisions will be announced by Thursday, October 12, 2017.
For more information, please contact Hebrew College Miller Center Associate Director, Rev. Soren M. Hessler: email@example.com